Friday 12 February 2010

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Theme Song





Laten we Nodar Kumaritashvili niet vergeten die bij een tragisch ongeval is omgekomen tijdens een training.

Our thoughts go also out to Nodar Kumaritashvili who died after a tragic accident.

Songtext:

"I Believe
"

There comes a moment, when my heart must stand alone
On this lonely path I've chosen,
like a house thats not a home
sometimes when I feel I've had enough
and I feel like giving up
you willed me to be all I can be
now nothing can stop me
I believe in the power that comes
From a world brought together as one
I believe together we'll find
I believe in the power of you and I

This is the moment we have dreamed of all our lives
We'll be the change we wish from others
We'll stand tall for what its right
And in my hearts there'll be no doubt
The arms of the world will come reaching out
And embrace me to be all I can be
Now nothing can stop me
I believe in the power that comes
From a world brought together as one
I believe together we'll fly
I believe in the power of you and I

I believe the time is right now
Stand tall and make the world proud
I believe together we'll fly
I believe in the power..
I believe in the power that comes
From a world brought together as one
(Of you and I)
I believe together we'll fly
I believe in the power of you and I
(power)
I believe the time is right now
(Oh you and I)
Stand tall and make the world proud
I believe together we'll fly (Together we'll fly)
I believe in the power of you and I
(I believe in the power of you and I).



5 comments:

  1. During the Olympic opening ceremonies, they had a moment of silence for Nodar, and there is a memorial already set up at Whistler. It was a sad start for the games.
    I hope you and Beppie will be able to watch the Olympic events on TV and cheer on your athletes from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sad thing to happen, and such a young man too.
    Thank you for posting this video. When the athletes from the Netherlands marched in to the stadium, I thought of you and gave a cheer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opening ceremony was a magnificent show and Canada may be proud of it. And now I'm going to enjoy the games and I also hope to see more pictures and videos of Vancouver itself. What is it that attracts me in Canada?..... the people?.... the scenery?.... Or what?... ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so saddened to hear of the death. :(

    Wish I could watch the Olympics, but my television doesn't get that channel. I won't miss all of it though, I'll go "somewhere" else. :)

    The lyrics to the music are awesome. Thanks for posting them, Herman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Svencouver lol The dutch were always great ice skaters. So sad about Nodar.

    ReplyDelete